Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rain Won't Stop...

+2
Goldenstorm
Naruto
6 posters

Go down

The Rain Won't Stop... Empty The Rain Won't Stop...

Post by Naruto Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 pm

There isn't any sound in the forest. Only the soft murmur of a brook
hidden in the trees and thick underbrush. It's the middle of winter,
the time where prey is scarce and every living thing has to fight to
survive. The forest is dead. No life whatsoever emerging victorious in
the war with the deadly cold. All hope has been lost.

Suddenly a snarl erupts from the trees, and two creatures flew at each
other, fangs glinting in the faint light of a blood-red sunset. The
larger of the two had a black pelt and lean muscles, his cropped ears
pressed flat against his blocky head, while the smaller had a dense
golden coat and a tail that arched over his back. These were dogs, wild
and lethal. The doberman's teeth latched onto the smaller dog's neck,
and he threw the dog to the ground, standing over him in victory. "Your
reign is over, you weak mutt!" he snarled, lowering his jaws to tear
the golden dog's throat out. But the akita wasn't done yet. At that
moment he leaped to his paws and pushed against the doberman's chest
with his shoulder, sending him staggering at his strength.
The two dogs continued fighting for several hours, one gaining the
upper hand and then losing it as his rival dodged and counter-attacked.
Finally the time came that they were both struggling to stand, blood
matting their pelts as they panted and glared hatefully at each other.
A soft whimper broke from the forest behind the golden male, making him
turn. His mate, a beautiful reddish colored mutt, stepped out of his
pack's ranks. "You must stop!" she cried. "You will kill yourselves!"
The male knew that she was concerned for him because of their pup, left
at camp. He only nodded, and started to turn back to the doberman when
he gasped. Teeth met in his throat and the world started to spin. The
doberman, seeing his chance when his opponent was distracted, had
rushed forwards, grabbing the Akita's throat and twisting, a horrible
ripping sound filling the air as his throat was torn open.
Heart-broken howls and yowls of victory were heard. The victorious dog
lifted his head, grinning an evil smile. His followers started
advancing behind him, large, lean dogs that would kill on a moments
notice, while the slain dog's pack stared at his corpse, wide-eyed.
Then they looked up, at the advancing dogs and wolves, and started to
flee, the Akita's mate being the last to leave as she stared after her
beloved's body, which was being mauled by the enemy. Then she too
turned and ran. All the while a tiny puppy stared out of the
undergrowth, his eyes wide. He had never seen death before. Never seen
a fight before. But even to his young mind this was savage. He
whimpered. He had just witnessed his father's murder.
---------

It's been a year since the golden male died. His son has grown and
been named Beta, or Second Command, of his pack. Meanwhile the doberman has died and his son
has taken the throne, having secretly assassinated his father. The two
have started fighting yet again, the packs diverging and strengthening
in their eternal war, the young dog swearing to take vengeance for
his father's death.

Last edited by Naruto on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Naruto
Naruto

Warning System : The Rain Won't Stop... WarningBar-Gloss1

http://Wajas.com

Back to top Go down

The Rain Won't Stop... Empty Re: The Rain Won't Stop...

Post by Goldenstorm Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:37 pm

AWESOME
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Coo.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Chapter One-Part One

A fierce growl echoed through the clearing, amplified, it seemed, by the emptiness of the woods. The owner of the voice, a medium-sized German Shepard, lunged forwards, his eyes gleaming with fury. His body was battered, yes, but there were no wounds. His pelt, though dusty, wielded no blood stains nor mats. His victim, a smaller Akita Inu, watched him carefully. "You whelp!" the big black-and-tan dog snarled. "Stop messing with me and stand still!" The Akita dodged nimbly out of the way as his paws struck the soil, and in one deft movement had the Shepard pinned to the ground, his teeth hovering over his throat.
The larger dog's eyes widened. "You need to focus more on the fight and not your anger. Try it again," the other commanded, letting the Shepard up and walking back over to the other side of the clearing, his tail curled over his back in it's normal fashion. Once the golden dog reached his place, he dropped, placing his head nearly on the ground as he watched the slightly older dog dust himself off with a quick shake. "Raimaru... How am I supposed to fight if you keep pinning me? I just don't look good with all this dust on me." the Shepard complained.
Raimaru raised a brow. "You can't fight if you're pinned. That's the whole point. If I were an enemy dog, I could have killed you, Wilson." All the while never relaxing his stance. The larger dog looked at him sheepishly. "But you're the best fighter in the pack! How can anyone top you?" Wilson shook out his fur, and to his dismay, saw several black hairs fall, littering the ground. "Oh now look! My fur's falling out! Rai..." Raimaru finally relaxed and sat up. "Stop your whining! We don't have time to waste. We're leaving in a week to find recruits." He didn't comment on being the best fighter in the pack, instead calmly ignoring it. Not like it'd do anything. There were far better fighters out there than him.
Wilson looked annoyed. "Then go train Lara and Fin! They're the ones going with you!" He didn't sound too happy about it, either. He wanted to go, to impress this Akita, so that maybe he could get a good shot at being the next Alpha. Rai looked equally annoyed. "I'm training you because you'll be in charge until we get back!" he said in as calm a voice as he could manage. He hadn't chosen the Shepard for two distinct reasons. One, because he was one of the better fighters of the pack, and two, because Raimaru wanted to test him. Meanwhile he'd chosen to take the best and worst fighters of the pack to hopefully teach them some experience and strengthen them. Though that didn't mean it'd be easy, being gone for two months with nothing but the new recruits and the two other dogs.
"You know, for a puppy you're a pretty good Beta, Raimaru." Wilson said, smiling a toothy grin. Raimaru dipped his head. "Thanks. I do my best," he muttered, padding past the older dog. Wilson was supposed to have become the Beta, or Second in Command, but the Alpha had decided that Rai was the better choice. For what reason he didn't know. He was a novice fighter, he couldn't hunt that well, and he was young. Everyone said he fought well because he knew how to aim his blows and dodge attacks better than some dogs. But that didn't make him perfect. Most of the other dogs also kissed up to him just because he was the former leader's son, and had the best shot of becoming Alpha once Yunma, the huge mastiff that led the pack now, died. "Let's hurry, then. I want to get home before supper," The bark startled the Akita out of his thoughts as Wilson raced past him. He smiled and picked up th pace. "Coming."
Naruto
Naruto

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosspaw Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:35 pm

I have the feeling that if i spent my free time working on a book, i would, but i forget about this until i should do my homework. Maybe English Teacher-Sensei shall let me do a book instead of 15000 poems? yes? no? oh well... someone remind me to write an epic novel.
Mosspaw
Mosspaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DOCTA OCTAGONAPUS Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 am

NARU
YOU ARE GOD
DOCTA OCTAGONAPUS
DOCTA OCTAGONAPUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:52 am

Moose, write an epic story. xd
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Naru... is God? XD
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Location : Look into my eyes, and it's easy to see that one and one make two and two and one make three; It's destiny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:37 pm

*Heads desk* I honestly just got bored and started writing. XD Also, I'm having a major muse-blockage for names. PM me any you can think of and I'll use some of 'em! Please specify(If you care) which pack they're in. Good or Bad. Thank yous~
Naruto
Naruto

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Post for Rain. :3
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:54 pm

YAY! *Hugs Mambo* THANK YOU! Now I can complete Chapter One!

Chapter One-Part Two

The golden Akita ran through the forest, his paws thumping on the forest floor in a steady rhythm as he easily caught up to the German Shepard ahead of him. Raimaru let his eyes roam every bush, every tree, every piece of greenery that dotted their path. It felt so good to him, knowing his territory step-for-step and being able to explore it whenever he wished. A pang of sadness swept through him. I'll be leaving this all behind soon. he thought, lowering his eyes to study the ground.
"Raimaru watch out!" He looked up, startled, at Wilson's warning. In the brief second that he'd looked down, he'd veered slightly off the path. Just a few feet ahead was a huge, sturdy looking oak tree. Rai could smell the bitter sap brewing beneath the bark. His eyes widened in alarm. He was too close to stop, going too fast! He was going to hit it!
He closed his eyes, preparing to feel his face hit the wood, splinters driven deep into his skin. "Ooof!" But instead he felt coarse fur. He opened his eyes hesitantly into slits. Then they flew open wide. "C-Cory?!" he yelped, looking up into the face of the Labrador Mix.
A bad-tempered growl was the only response to his confused words, and he was shoved roughly backwards. The Lab looked at him, his gray-green eyes blank. "Er, sorry Cory," he said, dipping his head in embarrassment. Cory lifted one huge black paw to scratch behind his ear, almost as if he was mocking the Beta's words. Raimaru felt frustration sweep through his veins, but forced it down and said, "What are you doing out here?"
The Labrador yawned and lazily lowered his foot, almost savoring the younger dog's frustration. "Yunma told me to fetch you," he rumbled in his deep voice. Yunma? His pelt bristled. The reason they were going to get more fighters for their Pack was simple. A strange disease had swept through the country, killing over half of their pack. Yunma, the Leader, had shown symptoms of the sickness. But, being the strong Dog he was, he wouldn't reveal any weaknesses. Even to his packmates. That's what made the Mastiff so admirable.
"Yunma?" he repeated in a wary voice, watching Cory carefully. "Yeah. He told me it was about Tsukino." Raimaru's heart stopped. "What about my mother?! Tell me!" he demanded, his whole body stiffening. He barely heard Wilson blundering in the wood behind him, too intent to even hear what his friend had to say. Cory only licked his graying muzzle and looked towards camp. "Go on. I've been searching the woods for you for a while now."
Raimaru dipped his head and took off, faster than lightning. His heart was heavy with dread. What had Yunma sent Cory out to tell him?! He reached the camp in what seemed forever. Wilson wasn't following. He'd stayed to brief Cory. Rai ran straight to Yunma's den, his pelt bristling, and shoved through the lichen that covered the entrance to the old badger-set. His breath caught in his throat. "Mother!"

-------
End of Chapter One. I'm keeping y'all in suspense. >D
Naruto
Naruto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum