Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leopardpaw's journey (Closed)

Go down

Leopardpaw's journey (Closed) Empty Leopardpaw's journey (Closed)

Post by Lynx Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 am

OOC: I always wanted to write this, since Leo isnt that active ^^

IC: Leopardpaw sat in the clearing of the camp, tossing a mouse from one paw to the other. Every cat expect him was happy talking together, playing or sharing tounges.
He felt like an outsider, he always did. And now was time to do something. He padded over to the camp entrance, glancing a last time back over his shoulder at the camp and then left the clan to find his confidence.

The air was cold and the wind was blowing with more freezing temperatures. The ground was wet from the snow, which was melting as it touched earth. He walked through his old territory. Glancing at each tree with sadness in his eyes.
Then he came to the border of Shadowclan. Nobody knows what lies ahead of him now, but Leopardpaw cannot stay in this warrior world any longer. He must find something fit for him, find his destiny. He hoped that StarClan will guide him even outside of the Clan's territories.
Then he moved on and left the border behind him. His stomach growled, he had to eat something. He sniffed the air for prey, but he smelled nothing. He moved on until he finally caught sight of a rabbit, sitting at the roots of a tree. He punced on it and killed it. He eated everything to the bones, he needed every piece of fresh-kill to hold up his strength.

The sun was already glittering in the orange tones of sun-set as Leopardpaw reached a couple of caves. He knew that maybe some animals were living in there so he sniffed. It smelled of fox, but it was stale, they must have left for another place. He moved inside and curled himself for a cold night.

The next morning he woke up at dawn. He had to go on, no time to waste. Again, he had to hunt, but he found nothing. He passed a pool of water and took a long good drink. The water tasted bad, but it was better then moving out without any water. He had filled his belly with all the water, so he mustn't hunt for a while.
The snow was falling harder by now and he had problems to see futher than a few tail-lengths.
He padded on and found a dead squirrel. It smelled good, it must have died of hunger or cold. He eated it and moved on.

Leopardpaw didn't know how many days had passed since he left Shadowclan. Would they miss him? Would they even notice that he was gone?
However, he had to travel. He must see StarClan or something else. The Moonpool wasn't enough for him, he must face them. Suddenly a mountain came in sight.
He started to climb up, but the stones were almost freezed. He tried hard to hold his grip with his claws and it took times before he reached a path where he could walk safely. By now the sun stood high. It gave him some warmth and strength he needed to continue his journey.
He reached a gap and jumped over it, but missed it with his hind legs. Panic came up inside of him and for a moment he knew for sure this was his end. Then, like somebody helped him, he managed to get a grip and climb up the gap. Panting, he sat down on the other side. He was tired from the walk he had done and his paws hurted badly. But he had to find some shelter before he could rest. Something to eat would also be good. He moved on and at sun-set he reached the top of the mountain. He found a twoleg house there and smoke was coming from its top. This means there must be a twoleg inside. Even he was a warrior cat and the code forbid it, he was about to starve. He padded over to the house and jumped on a coffer to look through the window. A fire was burning in the house and the twoleg was sleeping in a chair in front of it.
Then he caught sight of a movement and suddenly the face of another cat appeared on the other side of the window.
The cat pointed with its tail to the door and jumped away from the window. Just moments later the door opened.
Leopardpaw fluffed his fur. This was against the warrior code. Warriors shall not enter twoleg houses. But in this situation it means survival or obeying the warrior code. He jumped down and padded over to the door where the cat was waiting.
Leopardpaw stopped infront of the door, thinking a last time about his decision, but entered then. With a perfect jump the cat closed the door and sat down in front of him. Leopardpaw shivered, it was really cold outside but inside the twoleg nest it was perfectly warm. The snow on his pelt was melting and dripping down. He looked at the other cat. It was a white she cat with long fur and blue eyes. She was very slender even with the length of her fur. "What are you staring at?", she mewed. "Who are you anyway?" Leopardpaw caught himself again. "I'm Leopardpaw.", he mewed. "I traveled long." She gave a mreow of laughter. "What a funny name! Well, I'm Victoria." She licked her chest fur. "You can be glad I found you. A storm is coming tonight." Leopardpaw felt uneasy being in a twoleg nest. "Follow me, you look like you can do with a good meal.", Victoria mewed. Leopardpaw followed her and stood in front of a bowl with brown ugly looking stuff in it. He sniffed and stepped away from the bowl. "Are you really eating this stuff?", he spat. "This, or starving." She moved the bowl with her paws to him. "Won't your twoleg throw me out once he finds out I'm here?" She laughed. "He's sleeping now. And when he wakes up you will be well hidden. Eat now." He stepped further and took a bite. The food was soft and tasted of crowfood mixed with some bird. He didn't like it, but this was better than nothing. He ate everything in the bowl and was well-fed for the first time since he left Shadowclan.
Victoria had left for a nest in front of the fire. She gestured him to make himself comfortable.
Leopardpaw joined her and gave himself a quick wash. Victoria watched him closely. "So,... Leopardpaw, it was? Tell me your story." Leopardpaw sighed. She was a kittypet and probably she would not understand, but maybe it was good to speak with someone about his problems. He told her about the forest where he lived, about the six clans, about StarClan. Then he started to tell her why he left his clan. That he was looking for his destiny, for his sense of life.
At the end Victoria nodded. "I never expected there where cats and even wolves living together in a social system like that.", she mewed. "And you think you will find your answers here?" Leopardpaw nodded. "StarClan lives in the Silverpelt, the stars. I want to get as close to them as I can so I may be able to speak with them. Maybe they can tell me why I am here." If they see me here, he added silently.
Suddenly the twoleg started moving. "He wakes up! Fast, come!", she hissed. He jumped to his paws and followed her to a little chamber with many food inside. "He will go to his nest now, so you will be safe here until tomorrow. Take a good rest.", she whispered and let him alone.

The full moon shone through a window on Leopardpaw and he fall asleep soon. In his dream he hunted back in ShadowClan with his mentor Dustclaw and the other apprentices. He was a warrior then and he was accepted. He led a hunting patrol and a small apprentice followed them. Was this his apprentice? Then he heard a voice. "My little Leopardpaw." A silvery cat entered the scene. "Look how tall you are now! I am so proud of you.", she mewed. "Mother?", Leopardpaw answered.
"The ways of the warriors are not always clear and even the experienced warrior gets confused sometimes." She paused looking at him. "A warrior is loyal to his clan, loyal to StarClan, but most important of all he is loyal to himself. That's what makes a true warrior." Then her image began to fade. "Mother! Don't go!!", he cried, but she was already gone. Leopardpaw woke up with a white fluffy paw in his face. "Shhh", Victoria whispered. "You must have dreamed, you mewed in your sleep."

The sky he saw through the window slowly colored from blue to orange. It was dawn. "The upwalker will stand up soon. He will fill my bowl then. You can eat it if you want, he will go in the room with the fire doing some upwalker things. I'll get again something at sunhigh." He nodded. "Victoria thanks. I'll take this last meal but then I shall return. I had a dream last night and I know now what to do. I would love if you come back with..." "No", she cut in. "I love being with my upwalker. It's always warm here, there's enough food and now danger at all. I don't belong to your world." She gave him a lick and left.

Leopardpaw had had his meal and stood at the door. Victoria jumped on it and it swung open. "Then this is a farewell.", he mewed. He licked her ears. "I will never forget you Leopardpaw.", she mewed. "Nor will I.", he answered. "Whenever you feel like coming to the mountains again, visit me!", she called after him. "I do!", he yowled and ran in the direction he came.

It was time to return home. Time to start being a true warrior cat.

THE END

OOC: Did you notice? Victoria is from CATS, too. A white cat ^^
Lynx
Lynx

Warning System : Leopardpaw's journey (Closed) WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down