Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R36 training tuh Leafpawz. (Membah and meh only.)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

R36 training tuh Leafpawz.  (Membah and meh only.) Empty R36 training tuh Leafpawz. (Membah and meh only.)

Post by Raintalon Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Raintalon padded ahead of leafpaw, thinking of what to test her on first. Halting, he turned to her, "You smell that prey? Thats a mouse. You probably already know what it IS, but do you know how to catch it?" He mewed, a challenge in his green eyes. "A mouse will feel you before it hears or sees you, so you must stalk them like this." He crouched down into a stance, stalking forward carefully. "You try." He mewed, sitting back down with his tail around his paws.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Warning System : R36 training tuh Leafpawz.  (Membah and meh only.) WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down

R36 training tuh Leafpawz.  (Membah and meh only.) Empty Re: R36 training tuh Leafpawz. (Membah and meh only.)

Post by Member Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Leafpaw looked up in the sky as she followed Raintalon. Flurries of snow had started to fall down. Her first leafbare! Her first look at snow! She blinked and looked down quickly when some of them got in her eyes. Next time, don't look up.

She was so preoccupied with the snow she barely heard a thing Raintalon had said, just, "you try," she hadn't even seen what he'd done! Her pelt prickled and her her eyes widened with embarrassment. Smooth move Leafpaw.

Quickly she put the small scenes she caught in her mind. It had something to do with crouching... right? Quickly, she bent down to a crouch.

It was the sloppiest crouch in history. Butt too high, tail in an odd position around her leg, leaning too far to the side. Anything wrong, she was doing it.
Administrator

Warning System : R36 training tuh Leafpawz.  (Membah and meh only.) WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down

R36 training tuh Leafpawz.  (Membah and meh only.) Empty Re: R36 training tuh Leafpawz. (Membah and meh only.)

Post by Raintalon Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Raintalon blinked in confusion at the apprentice as she performed the worst crouch ever known. "Err.. You can try that on a mouse and see how it works." He snorted with laughter. Straightening his face, he mewed more seriously, "I doubt you even heard what i said, so ill repeat it. Get into a hunters crouch like this, to stalk a mouse. A mouse wont see you or hear you before it feels you, remember that." He repeated, dropping into a crouch and stalking forward. "Now try." he mewed, hoping she heard him this time out. He like this apprentice, she was clumsy and distracted easily, yet enthusiastic.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:19 am

Ehhe, no, she didn't listen the first time, he got her there. This time of course, she paid close attention to everything her mentor said and did. With a nod, she stood herself up, and gave and odd, and completely unnecessary, wiggle of her hips, and crouched down again.

This crouch was... better. She didn't look crazy and bumbling, but it still wasn't good enough to stalk a mouse properly. Her butt was still to high, and she was off centered, but it was still... better.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:16 am

Raintalon stopped himself from bursting out with laughter as he padded over to her. "Keep doing that, ill show you what your doing wrong." He mewed, pushing her butt down with paw. "Keep that butt down low, or all of the forest will see it" Looking at her crouch now, it had improved, but she was still unbalanced. "Don't be so lopsided, use equal weight on all your paws." He instructed.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Oh... Duh, Leafpaw! "Oh, sorry, Raintalon," Leafpaw apologied needlessly. She shifted her paws so she could balance herself better. Still, he crouch was not centered, but it was good enough for a successful go with a mouse. "Did I do it right?" She asked hopefully.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Raintalon narrowed his eyes. She was quick to learn, for a new apprentice, the crouch wasn't perfect but it wasn't like... Well.. The first one. "Yeah, thats great." raintalon praised, with a loud purr. "Now lets see you use it on a real one." he mewed, pointing with his tail at the mouse he had been keeping an eye on for awhile now. With a twitch of his ears, he instructed her to give the hunt a go.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Leafpaw nodded and looked in the direction her mentor had pointed. As quietly as she could she crept towards the hidden mouse. Unfortunately, she wasn't quiet at all. Her crouch may have been good, but her stalking was horrible. Loud and bumbling, that what she was.

Before she could register what was happening the bush started to shake violently, and quickly the mouse shot out from the bush. She stood up from her crouch quickly, her ears pricked.

Catch it, Leafpaw! Catch it! Quickly she shot off after the mouse, chasing it as it darted here and there, moving as quickly as it could. Leafpaw, she wasn't fast enough to catch up to the mouse, but she had a plan.

Quickly, Leafpaw jumped out at the mouse and landed right on it's tail. She almost let it go because of it's strange feeling, but held on no matter how much it tickled her paws.

To her surprise, the mouse let out a loud squeal that caused two birds burst from the bushes and letting out their own high pitched warning cries, startling Leafpaw. She jumped at the immediate shock, and looked around quickly, watching the birds fly off. She looked back at her paws to see the mouse dead and gone.

Leafpaw's ears drooped as she got up and walked back over to Raintalon. "I didn't catch it and I've scared every mouse from here to the end of the world," she said glumly.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:43 am

"Oh, i bet your littermate all have done the same. We weren't here to hunt anyway, and there will be a different time to practice all that hunting." With a flick of his tail signaling for Leafpaw to follow, he padded towards the Windclan border.

"Smell, what do you smell?" Raintalon asked, his ears pricked for any windclan patrols. "Thats windclan, they can be quite aggressive." He mewed, remembering his encounters with countless vicious windclan cats. "They're wiry and agile, can you tell why?" He tested her, looking over at the moor covering they're territory.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 pm

OOC: Oo, Raintalon is so awesome. XD

Leafpaw pricked her ears. Raintalon, he didn't even care! She expecting a scolding or about how she scared all the prey, but nothing! He wasn't as critical as she though he would be. Quickly she followed behind him on his way to WindClan territory.

She looked across the border. Where they were the trees were.. almost all gone! Actually, gone period! She looked behind her to see the trees of the forest behind them. It felt weird not having them overhead. How could those WindClan cats stand to be without them?

Leafpaw tilted her head at Raintalon's question. "Because they don't have trees and bushes in their way?"
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:21 pm

OOC: I knowz xD

Raintalon let out a purr of satisfaction, she was a smart one. "Thats right, i personally would hate that, but all clans live a different lifestyle." He mewed, turning to the riverclan border. "Come with me, riverclan next."

Raintalon screwed up his face in disgust as the stench of fish hit him. "Ew, riverclan smell gross. Not as bad as shadowclan, though." He added, licking his chest to drench the taste. "Riverclan cats are sleek-furred and get lots of extra prey around green leaf. Tell me why." Raintalon insisted, wondering if she could guess right a second time.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Leafpaw laughed with excitement when Raintalon had said she'd gotten the answer right. A complete guess! She hopped after Raintalon as they made their way to RiverClan, excitement filling her fur.

She breathed in deeply the smell of river over the border. She could barely smell the fish, but maybe she was and hadn't noticed it. Either way, she didn't mind it at all.

"Uh... it it because the water isn't frozen?" She tilted her head again. She'd never seen frozen water before, but she heard that's what happened when it got cold.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:21 pm

"Err, sort of." Raintalon mewed. "They're plump because thats when the fish go into the water, so not only do they have prey on land but also on water. And they're sleek from swimming so much. You should see the way they swim, its like they're fish, not cats." Flicking his tail, he started towards the shadowclan border. "Now for the second worst, shadowclan."

Raintalon let out a hiss as he ripped his paw up from the suctioning of the marshy floor. "Ew, they must have webbed feet. Theres nothing unique about shadowclan, they're just furballs." Taking in a tentative sniff, he let out a hiss. "Theres something about that smell that really bugs me. Maybe its the frogs they eat." He mewed before trotting back to the thunderclan forest floor. Sitting down, he started sorting out the days events in his head. "There arent any more clans to check out, but for darkclan and fireclan. And darkclans, well, worse then shadowclan." He mewed, padding in the direction of the thunderclan camp.

"Alright, stop. I smell mouse." Raintalon mewed, dropping down low. "You want to give that hunting crouch another go?" He mewed questioningly, before adding, "All the prey that ran from earlier are surely back now."
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

"Oh..." Leafpaw realized as she followed behind her mentor. She plopped around in the ShadowClan mud when they reached their territory next. It was horrible over there! How could they even enjoy that! And did they really eat frogs! Disgusting! These other clans sure were weird.

She didn't actually hear what Raintalon said as they neared the territory. She was thinking about the other clans, not mice ruffling in the bushes. They were all so different than ThunderClan, how could they all live in the same relative area? It was just... odd.

"Why don't we look at DarkClan and FireClan?" She asked Raintalon suddenly. She didn't understand why they wouldn't.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Raintalon flinched, it would be hard to explain. He didn't wanna show her darkclan, because she might be tempted to join such a strong clan. And fireclan, well, she might get determined to conquer them for they're weakness. "Well, its getting late and you shouldn't see them just yet. You'll understand when your bigger." Lashing his tail, he repeated, "So, about that mouse?"
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 am

OOC: *Kicks R36* And Wok?
Wolvine
Wolvine

Warning System : R36 training tuh Leafpawz.  (Membah and meh only.) WarningBar-Gloss4

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

"Come on, Raintalon!" Leafpaw begged her mentor. "I wanna see them too! What will be so bad! Who cares if it's late! I'm not tired!" She really wanted to go see these other clans. What was the problem? What was the harm? It would al be fine! It wasn't like she was planning on stealing prey or something!

"I don't care about the stupid mouse!" Leafpaw wailed loudly, probably scaring away the small piece. "You already know I can't get it!" She was greatly excited, as well as angry. And her fur fluffed out to show.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 pm

OOC: No more mr nice kitteh now xD

"You dont CARE about that stupid mouse?" Raintalon hissed, anger flaring in his green eyes, "That stupid mouse could save a starving kit or a dieing elder. That stupid mouse is what keeps thunderclan alive! You should show more respect to you prey!" Smoothing his fur back down, he mewed more softly, "A warrior doesn't think like that, leafpaw."
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 pm

OOC: o.o DX YOU HURT MY FEELINGS, R36! *runs away and cries*

Leafpaw stepped back from her mentor, anger still in her eyes. The anger stayed there even after his angry bout to her, but soon it died away to a shame and sadness.

No, a warrior didn't think like that. A warrior was supposed to get every piece of prey they got for their clan, she didn't have respect at all. But she couldn't even catch it! What was the point if you couldn't even catch a single one!? She was too loud and she wasn't fast enough, what good should she do?

"Fine," Leafpaw muttered, looking down at the ground, "we can go get the mouse." Yeah, get it if it already hadn't run from all the yelling.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Raintalon felt a stab of sympathy for the apprentice. She clearly didnt have any hope of catching a mouse. "You know" Raintalon mewed softly, laying his tail across her flank comfortingly, "When i was your age, i missed mice alot, and i was clumsy. But i kept trying day after day to catch a mouse, and one day i got one. And now look at me, im a fine hunter. I bet if you try, you could be even better then me." With a brisk shake of his fur, he mewed more deeply, "Lets get back to camp, unless you want to catch a mouse now?"
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Leafpaw looked up at her mentor, a new hope in her eyes. So Raintalon had gone through the same thing. She wasn't just bumbling and loud and incompetent as she thought she was. No! She was just, inexperienced.

"Yeah! Let's catch it!" She said enthusiastically.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:27 pm

"Good." Raintalon purred, breathing in the air. There was no mouse nearby, but he could smell a trace of one a little way off. "There's one up ahead." Raintalon mewed, setting in the direction of the mouse. Weaving through bushes and roots carefully with leafpaw behind him, he caught sight of the prey. "Alright, leafpaw. Lets see what you got." He encouraged, settling down. "Remember, keep your butt low, tail out straight and balance yourself equally. Go slowly but surely." He reminded.
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Leafpaw nodded and crouched down, her eyes locked on the mouse. Her stance was off again, and remembering Raintalon's advise, shifted into the correct placement.

Slowly, she crept forward, but again, her pawsteps were loud. The mouse, as anyone could predict, lifted it's head quickly and bolted off. Leafpaw gave chase, moving as fast as she could, though, it wasn't fast enough. When she thought she was close enough she pounced at it.

To her surprise, she caught it by the tail. She laughed as it's moving tickled her paw, but she held on to it. She wasn't sure what to do now. If she tried to kill it it'd run away!

"Raintalon! Look! I caught it!" She called back.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raintalon Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:29 pm

"Great job!" Raintalon congratulated, his eyes warm. "Now you have to kill it!" he mewed with a mrrow of laughter. "Just take your paw or your teeth and finish it off." He wasn't sure if he should help or not, this was her catch after all.

OOC: Short xD
Raintalon
Raintalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Leafpaw nodded and looked back at the mouse. Duh, Leafpaw. Kill it. But what if it ran? It probably wouldn't that close. She lifted her paw and swiped at the head of the mouse. It fell over stunned, letting out a squeak of terror before thrashing about.

Oh darn, she'd forgotten to unsheathe her claws! Before she had the chance to go at it again the mouse got up and took a bite at her paw. She winced at the pain and glared at the little thing.

"Hey! That hurt!" She yelled at ti before unsheathing her claws and swiping at it again. This time, the blow was final and the little mouse was dead. She grinned before standing up and grabbing the mouse in her jaws and padding back to Raintalon. "I caught it!" She told him through a mouth full of fur.

She looked down at her paw to see it bleeding a little. Oh, it'd be fine.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next