Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunt Training

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hunt Training Empty Hunt Training

Post by Goldenstorm Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Griffinshade pushed his broad shoulders through the camp entrance, leaves and brambles wreathing around him like a green blanket. He shoved his way into the woods and took a couple of deep breathes, scenting the air. Of course there was nothing, not even a water vole would stick their noses out in the rain. So why was he?
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Warning System : Hunt Training WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down

Hunt Training Empty Re: Hunt Training

Post by Member Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Kestrelpaw walked behind Griffonshade, though it wasn't like he wanted to. It was all rainy and... Let's face it, Whitecloud or whatever his name was (he was experiencing memory loss) was a lot more fun to hang out. Even if he was all blind and stuff. A lot more interesting that the cat in front of him, was.

They were all out in the stupid rain, and for what? Pah! Training. Of course.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 pm

"You scent anything?" the large tom asked his apprentice, trying his best not to loose his temper at Kestrelpaw's foul mood. His amber gaze kept straight, but he could help his twitching whiskers as he tried to ignore the rain.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:12 pm

OOC: CLOUDFROST! XD I forgot what his name was.

"I scent rain," Kestrelpaw said lamely. Training in the rain sucked. He could get a wiff of something, but he was too bummed by the rain to do anything. Cloudfrost had taught him how to clear his mind so he could scent more and stuff. He was trying to do it now, but... Griffonshade was distracting him. So, the scent that he had, was gone soon after it came.

What a great day...
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 am

Foxpaw hissed in anger as she pulled her paws out of the mud. "Jeez! This rain is making the ground cave in!" she grumbled, flicking her ear with annoyance. She struggled to keep up with her mentor and fellow student, her legs already covered in mud.

Ugh. She hated that feeling. The feeling of mud sucking at her paws... It was like it was trying to drown her... The ginger she-cat shook away the disturbing thoughts and padded up beside Kestrelpaw. She didn't speak, knowing that her old friend would only reprimand her more if she spoke out now.

Her eyes hardened. So why shouldn't she? "I thought I scented a thrush, earlier," she supplied, a tiny hint of cockiness ringing in her voice as she glared balefully at Kestrelpaw.
Naruto
Naruto

http://Wajas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:28 pm

"Then follow the scent. My nose is useless in this water." the massive tom meowed gruffly. His bob tail shook, spraying rain.
He growled to himself, "The sooner we move, the better. I'm sick of all of this. Mud, rain, soggy prey, and everything between." he tensed his muscles in anger, sinking his claws into the soggy soil with each step.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Naruto Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:02 pm

"Okay!" Foxpaw replied, lifting her nose to the air to scent out the faint hint of bird she'd caught earlier. She headed off the path, into the undergrowth. The weeds and ferns quickly enveloped her in a green shroud as she searched, her ears and tail-tip the only part of her visible.
Naruto
Naruto

http://Wajas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Griffonshade grunted. "Finally, she's been annoying me as soon as I saw her today. Too cheery. Always." he rolled his eyes, tensing his muscles for a quick moment.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Kestrelpaw rolled his eyes when Foxpaw glared at him, he almost shot something at her in reply, but then Griffonshade started talking and it didn't matter anymore. But really all they were doing is complaining.

"You guys are a bunch of whiney kits," Kestrelpaw growled at them. Like the mud was bad. So yeah... it was a tad worse than what they walked in every day. He narrowed his eyes as he watched Foxpaw walk offf in search of some... thrush or something.

He pricked his ears and looked over at Griffonshade when he made his happy ol' comment. He opened his mouth to ask a question, but then closed it again. It wasn't worth it.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Griffinshade didn't bother to look over his shoulder, "And I'm sure you feel just grand today, don't you?" he growled. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. I've got nothing to do anyway." he mewed, stalking forward. He kept his eyes open and he kept sniffing as he walked.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Actually, he did feel pretty good today. "I did before Foxpaw showed up," he grumbled. You know, he'd rather be with Cloudfrost right now than... Griffonshade. But maybe he just had to... find out how to... ignore him or something. Eh, he didn't know. Try and make him less irritating. It's not like he didn't know eventhing he was being trained for anyways.

"Then if you're bored, why don't we do some training or soemthing? It is what we came out here for, right?" StarClan, if he was told they just came out here for fun...
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Griffinshade stopped in his tracks. Kestrelpaw wants to fight? I guess my luck is starting to change. He turned his head a little, "Just what did you have in mind, Kestrelpaw?" he mewed, a little less irritated than he was before.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm

"Well we can't do hunting since Foxpaw has already got that covered," Kestrelpaw mewed without enthusiasm. "So I guess the only thing left to do is battle training." Unless he'd rather them do something less fun, not that battle trainign was fun anyways, but, there's a lot worse.

For expample, standing around and talking to your mentor while you wait for your fellow trainee to come back with her lagging thrush.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 pm

ooc:XD

Griffinshade nodded, "Alright. Foxpaw can find her way back to camp, let's go train." he meowed, pawing his way through the thick mud with his massive muscles rippling through his pelt, right next to the ribs that stood out plainly.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Thank StarClan... Kestrelpaw padded after Griffonshade, happy to leave Foxpaw behind. Doing so actually made him relax a bit, calm him down, and made him so much happier. It was like the air was tainted with strangling poison, but then it was blown away by air more pure. He could breathe again.

Oh yeah, that's how you walk through a forest. Happy. Well, as happy as you can be staring at someone's rump as you wait for them to reach the destination, but... Uh, yeah, pretty happy.

OOC: You know, even if Kestrel was mad at Griffonshade and hatged training because he thought Foxpaw got the most attention, I think eh gets the most attention. X3
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm

ooc: I don't think, I know he does.

Eventually, the two reached the training clearing. The area filled with many thin trees and undergrowth filling any empty spot that was there. "Alright, I think I'll teach you some moves this time since you don't really care much for actual battle." he stood between two trees. "What do you know already?"
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Kestrelpaw sighed. Wow, what does he know already... He went over in his mind whatever moves or strategizing things he'd learned. It kind of surprised him, and irritated him that his mentor didn't even know what he alwready knew, but.... eh.

"Let's say everything," Kestrelpaw said, his tone midly sarcastic, "where do we start from there?"

OOC: XD If only cats had therapists.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:12 pm

ooc: actually, I think Cloud is covering that for Kestrel. XD

Griffinshade glanced at Kestrelpaw, "If you already know everything than your already ready to practice battling. But, where in the name of StarClan, did you learn all the battle moves from?" he thought for a moment, but no answers came up. He always thought Kestrelpaw was a loner.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:20 pm

OOC: Cloud is doing that for all of the troubled toms. XD

Well, this kind of amused him. He'd only really said he'd known everything because of didn't want to go over all of the moves he'd learned, but, then again, Kestrelpaw was a mighty cocky cat.

"I learned them by watching everyone else," Kestrelpaw mewed. Yeah, he was good at copying. All it took was a little observation and poof! It was there.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 pm

ooc: He open on weekdays, 9-5.

Griffinshade sat down, "Really? Alright." he let his gaze fall on Kestrelpaw, his eyes emotionless. "Do a Upright Lock." he mewed, waiting for the young tom to preform the move.

ooc: Yeah, Jaywing gave me this link:
http://www.freewebs.com/warriorcatsnow/ifighting.htm
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:30 pm

OOC: Crap. Kestrel gets off work at 5:01. D:

Uprigth what? Man, Kestrelpaw had never been so confused in his entire life. Upright Lock, that sounded like some kind of... combination. It sounded like an object that needed a lot of thinking to use. Like... math and geometry and stuff. That sounded like it was the most difficult thing for even StarClan to perform.

"Hey, I just know the moves, I don't know the names." Man, acted like he memorized these things or something.

OOC: Aren't those from the guide book? I think I have that. X3
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Griffinshade smiled, "I figured you wouldn't know." he stood up, "It's really easy. All you have to do is," he reared up on his hind legs, as far as he could, nearly standing up on his two back paws. "And then come back down as hard as and as fast as you can." He thrust his front paws down and a large thump concluded as all four paws met earth again. "It's best if you have your claws out, you have to have your enemy below you to make it work though. But you've got to be quick because they can always claw you up on you underbelly."
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Mm. The first things Kestrelpaw gained from that demonstration was the fatter you are, the better you'll be at that move. But... maybe that wasn't the point. He reared up on his hind-legs. Well, with all dynamics and such, if he went higher quicker, he could apply more force, right?

Well, he put himself down and tried it again, pushing hiself up quickl and to his hind-legs, but doing that, and doing it to fast, made him just topple over on his back. Oh great. Kestrelpaw got up quickly, huffing out an angry breath.

Good, StarClan.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Griffinshade stepped in, "Here. Look, let me help. This move isn't the easiest one in the arsenal, you have to be able to balance yourself. Just try to focus on being able to stand up on your back legs for now." he mewed, rearing up on his hind legs. He balanced there perfectly, waiting for Kestrelpaw's reply, hoping his apprentice wouldn't be too insulted to accept his help.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

He watched his mentor do his little balancing act, showing him how it was done. Oh fine. Kestrelpaw sighed and pushed up again, raising himself to his hind-legs he tried to keep himself there. He did pretty good the first five seconds, but after that he started to move about on his hind-legs so he can keep himself up.

Man, he looked like an idiot.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next